Integrity Legal - Law Firm in Bangkok | Bangkok Lawyer | Legal Services Thailand Back to
Integrity Legal

Legal Services & Resources 

Up to date legal information pertaining to Thai, American, & International Law.

Contact us: +66 2-266 3698

ResourcesCorporate and Tax AdvisoryThailand Tax LawAmended Corporate Tax Documentation and Thai Business Visa Extension

Amended Corporate Tax Documentation and Thai Business Visa Extension

Transcript of the above video:

As the title of this video suggests, we are discussing Corporate Tax documentation in the context of a Business Visa extension.

The viewer may be asking themselves what does one have to do with the other?  Well there are a great many support documents that have to be submitted with an application for extension of B Visa status here in the Kingdom and some of that documentation pertains to corporate taxes.

In the past, there was a bit of a cavalier attitude toward the support documentation associated with a B Visa extension because in the past if one didn't have one's documentation in perfect order according to Thai Immigration, they would just simply leave, go to the Revenue Department, amend the documentation and bring it back. These days that is being viewed as pretensive or pretextual and at best they look askance at it and in many cases, we are seeing situations where they simply say "No, you weren't in compliance and therefore we are not going to go ahead and grant a B Visa extension. You need to go out of the country and come back in in status in order to be extended properly."

This is just simply a shift in paradigm and it is one that has to be taken into account when looking to do business here in Thailand. It frankly is one of the reasons why we went ahead and created the division to deal with Corporate Services and Tax and Accounting because they became so integral to the Work Permit and Visa issues that most foreigners here face all the time. It is important to note, it is not only probably a good idea to get professional assistance in dealing with a work permit or visa application, it is also a very good idea to have assistance in Corporate compliance maintenance, Corporate Services and Accounting, in-house oftentimes. It is a good idea to have somebody who is well-versed in dealing with those matters from the standpoint of getting a foreigner's B Visa extension extended or their work permit etc. because those individuals are going to know how exactly the interplay between for example the corporate taxation and the Immigration Department actually works on a practical level and for that reason be able to assist people in extending their Business Visa status in a smooth manner here in Thailand.