Integrity Legal - Law Firm in Bangkok | Bangkok Lawyer | Legal Services Thailand Back to
Integrity Legal

Legal Services & Resources 

Up to date legal information pertaining to Thai, American, & International Law.

Contact us: +66 2-266 3698

ResourcesVisa & Immigration LawThailand Immigration LawThai Immigration Form TM 28: Form for Change of Alien Address

Thai Immigration Form TM 28: Form for Change of Alien Address

Transcript of the above video:

As the title of this video suggests, we are going to be discussing Form TM 28. Specifically the title of that form is Form for Aliens to Notify their Change of Address or their Stay in the Province for over 24 Hours.

I have noticed in certain social media circles there is some misunderstanding with respect to the actual rules with respect to this but basically there are rules with respect to notification of stay, if a foreigner is going to remain in one place in the Kingdom for over 24 hours. In the past this was always the law but apparently due to, my personal opinion is, due to just the situation on the ground for lack of a better term, it was not really possible to fully implement this program on a day-to-day basis because that would require things like guest houses to make fairly large filings with respect to the guests in their houses on a nearly daily basis in some cases. Now that is probably, in fact that is what the Immigration Authorities want, but I know as a practical matter that may or may not be happening at any given geographic area in the Kingdom or with respect to any  given single individual within the Kingdom.

The thing to take away from this video is first of all this is the form, but also they are taking measures now to deal with these matters online. These measures where at one time it was kind of operating in fits and starts and wasn't really working that well, it is my understanding that as at the time of this video, the online system is coming to a point where it is very usable and as a practical matter, it can be utilized on a day-to-day basis with much more ease than it could be in the past. 

So that leads me to the conclusion that probably in the relatively near future you are actually going to see notifications like this made very frequently and a foreigner needs to go to ahead, a foreigner does have a certain part to play in all of this as they have to make notifications where necessary especially in residential matters.  Again guest houses and commercial hotels and things, they generally have their own system for dealing with this but if someone just goes and stays sort of in a friend's house or something like that, it may be required that you go ahead and file TM 28 because Thai Law probably requires that a non-immigrant in the Kingdom go ahead and do so.