Integrity Legal - Law Firm in Bangkok | Bangkok Lawyer | Legal Services Thailand Back to
Integrity Legal

Legal Services & Resources 

Up to date legal information pertaining to Thai, American, & International Law.

Contact us: +66 2-266 3698

[email protected]

ResourcesVisa & Immigration LawThailand Immigration LawThai Retirement Visas: Are Some Insurance Policies Better Than Others?

Thai Retirement Visas: Are Some Insurance Policies Better Than Others?

Transcript of the above video:

As the title of this video suggests, we are discussing Insurance in the context of Thai Retirement Visas. I have had a lot of people over the past few months and I haven't really gotten around to making a video on this, I am glad I did now, but they have been asking me, "Is there a better insurance for doing a Retirement Visa?" My response to that is "Well frankly, it depends on your situation." There are legal requirements associated with the usage of insurance as evidence of eligibility for a Thai O-A Retirement Visa so yes, there are requirements that any insurance policy has to meet in order to meet the requirements associated with getting the O-A Visa or even possibly if you are abroad, possibly even an O Retirement Visa or at least a Certificate of Entry in order to return to Thailand. The long story short is, as long as it meets that requirement, it is going to be sufficient. 

Now there are different insurance providers. We definitely send clients to different providers depending on their circumstances but most notably we like to send them to a provider that has strong English language capability or even strong capability to provide assistance in their native tongue, in their mother tongue language. So again, we provide a lot of guidance as to the insurance requirements. Long story short, it is going to be driven primarily by the facts of your given case; by what you need for lack a better term. Do you need more coverage or do you need the minimal coverage? Again that will drive what is going to be a better insurance policy for you. As far as meeting the legal requirements, if it does that, then that is great and you can go ahead and get the visa but if you are talking about from the standpoint of your specific situation, you are going to have to get with an insurance provider and figure out what is going to be best in your circumstances.